Want to manage your Microsoft products and services from a single place? Well, visit account.live.com and create a new account by providing the required information. After you complete the signup process, it is the email address/phone number and the password that is needed to sign in to your account.
In case, if you forget the Account Live password, then reset the same by following the instructions given on this page. Resetting password verification depends on the factor whether the two-step verification feature (used to enhance the security of your Microsoft account) is on or off. Check out the password reset process here:
Two-step verification is ON
- Open any web browser and go to http://account.live.com/password/reset
- Type either your registered email address or phone number in the shown text box
- Click Continue
- Microsoft will send you a password reset code
- Log in to your provided email address or check your phone number for the email or SMS containing the password reset code
- Now, go back to the Account Live password reset page
- Here, you will have to provide that password reset code
- Once you hit the Enter key, you will be asked to provide the new password for your Microsoft account
- Make sure it is a combination of letters, numbers, and special characters. Moreover, don’t forget to read the guidelines mentioned on the screen.
- Type the new password once again to confirm
- Save the changes, and you will now be able to access your Microsoft account
Two-step verification is OFF
You can also follow these steps if you have changed your mobile number or do not have access to the email address registered with your Microsoft account. To reset Account Live password, follow these instructions:
- Visit account.live.com/acsr
- Enter the email address associated with your Microsoft account
- Now, provide an alternate email address, which you want to use to get the Account Live com password reset code.
- In case, if you do not have any alternate email ID, then go to Outlook.com and create a new email address by clicking the Sign up button and entering the asked information. You can do the same by directly clicking over “Create a new one with Outlook.com” link available on this Account Live password reset page only.
- Enter the newly created email ID and then type the captcha code correctly
- Hit the Continue key
- Check your alternate email address for the password reset code
- Copy the code and then paste it at the Account Live password reset page
- Enter the new password
- Write it again to confirm
- It’s done!
Congratulations! You can now access your Microsoft account with your already registered email address or phone number and the new password. For further instructions on how to reset Account Live password or to get troubleshooting steps for the error that occurred during the password reset process, feel free to contact the Microsoft customer support team. A certified and experienced technician will provide you with an instant fix for the problem.
Tips for securing your Microsoft account
- Set a strong password for your account
- Don’t keep a single password for all your accounts as if a cybercriminal gets access to one account, he/she can access all others too
- Do not share your password with anyone
- Do not keep obvious passwords, such as your date of birth, name, phone number, etc., that are easy to guess
- Make sure you read the password guidelines before setting up a password
- Change your password after a few months or whenever you feel any suspicious activity